But despite that and for all those reasons I cut them off, and now it looks like a pig....an ugly pig
Let me say there are some huge plus points about this bike still - it has a 1970 Historic V5 so no road tax, a brand new S&S Shovelhead Engine, a great set of Billet brakes front and back, some GSXR front forks. So to keep any expense down on this beast, I have now gone through my garage and found some bits, and bought a few bits more:
- Some 10.5" Burley Slammer rear shocks just to drop that back end down a bit, from the 12" ones currently fitted
- A old small black headlight from SJP in Holland
- Have to powdercoat that S&S air cleaner Black - maybe the bars too.
- The front mudguard has to go; and will cut off the front existing front rim and send the hub to Devon Rim and have a 23" rim put on -as I have a spare and an Avon tyre to go on it.
- Mini Apes what do you think?
- Change the exhaust?
- Paint - new Black job as it always makes ugly bike slook better - or something funky?
I want this all done by April.