- Donor bike a 1982 refurbished BMW R80 bought on Ebay
- 23" wheels in BMX snowflake design using Avon rubber, hand built by Taylor Made Wheels
- Front forks and front brake from a Harley FXD as they were free and in my garage - rear is the existing shaft/drum.
- New hardtail frame built by Dave Batchelar at P&D
- Existing tank cut down to reduce bulk.
- New small front mudguard and an integral cafe racer style rear fender, which a custom seat to connect.
- The bars shown are for demonstration, but its going to have flatter drag style bars.
- Exhaust will be 1.5" stainless and a 2 into 1 finishing in a Supertrapp muffler on the left side
- Paint, lights and other details ....havent got a clue yet
Saturday, 7 January 2012
2012 - another year - another bike. I am only doing this one bike this year, which is my 1982 BMW R80 which has been hanging around in bits for a year now. The bike is currently at P&D in Horsham where we are sorting the frame and metal work out. Details are gradually coming together, and its going to be a sporty looking bike although it wont be sporty in the context of modern sports bikes - still if I go fast no one can see me!
Friday, 6 January 2012
A great start to the New Year in that my Caesar Racer has made it into BSH the top British Custom Bike Magazine with a six page spread. This bike is a personal favourite of mine in that it was the first Big Twin Harley I owned - bought new in 1999 as a commuting bike up to London, and it served faithfully for this clocking up 15,000 miles on 80 mile round trips. If you go through the blog you will se its various incarnations and this final one was completed in September 2010 - and shortly after featured in Bike EXIF. Since completion its been out on the road an lot and was used by my good friend Preben on a recent road trip to Devon where it clocked up 1000 miles. Et tu Brute!
Sunday, 1 January 2012
Well its the 1st of January 2012 and that means in 50 days I will embark on my first road trip of the year. I am joining Danish Tour Company MC Travel on a 10 day tour of Cuba riding Harleys around the Island. I am going with 2 good friends from the UK and hopefully we will meet some more nice people to add to my growing collection of fellow motorcyclists around the world.
I will be posting and reporting as I go on Twitter so follow me @iansolley