- Donor bike a 1982 refurbished BMW R80 bought on Ebay
- 23" wheels in BMX snowflake design using Avon rubber, hand built by Taylor Made Wheels
- Front forks and front brake from a Harley FXD as they were free and in my garage - rear is the existing shaft/drum.
- New hardtail frame built by Dave Batchelar at P&D
- Existing tank cut down to reduce bulk.
- New small front mudguard and an integral cafe racer style rear fender, which a custom seat to connect.
- The bars shown are for demonstration, but its going to have flatter drag style bars.
- Exhaust will be 1.5" stainless and a 2 into 1 finishing in a Supertrapp muffler on the left side
- Paint, lights and other details ....havent got a clue yet
Saturday, 7 January 2012
Romeo's Beemer VIII
2012 - another year - another bike. I am only doing this one bike this year, which is my 1982 BMW R80 which has been hanging around in bits for a year now. The bike is currently at P&D in Horsham where we are sorting the frame and metal work out. Details are gradually coming together, and its going to be a sporty looking bike although it wont be sporty in the context of modern sports bikes - still if I go fast no one can see me!