Thursday 22 April 2010

London in the Sunshine

Had a great ride through London, with my friend Gary France today.  I met Gary last year  - I think through blogging - but found out we have quite a bit in common - we both worked in property - we both gave up work early and we both love custom bikes.  So with Spring well and truly here we decided on a ride through London.  Two loud customs certainly got plenty of attention as we started at The Royal Observatory and followed the River Thames to Chelsea and Warrs Harley Davidson for some lunch.  Please check out and follow his excellent blog www.garysusatour.blogspot.com about his awesome 15,000 mile solo trip to the USA this summer.
We attached videos to our bikes - but Gary had the excellent Go-Pro on a super mount and I had a cheap Samsung mounted with Gaffer tape, and so despite Gary's best attempts at editing, he only used his footage - but if you love London and bikes enjoy this ride with us.


3 comments:

Gary Fleshman said...

Okay Ian, I'm completely jealous now, the only way I got to see London was via one of those damned tourist buses and a lot of walking…I would have killed to be able to ride around it on a custom! One question, are you going to do a bike based on "the taming of the shrew"? I'm sure you could come up with a good custom for that one "OUT…out damned spot"! Good luck and I'll see you in October…looking forward to riding with you again!
Cheers,
Gary

iansolley said...

Good one Gary - glad you liked it! - Next bike is my BMW R80 - and that is a Romeo & Juliet one!

Gary France said...

It was a pleasure to share the delights of riding with you in London. A great day! It was terrfic to see the Hamlet bike - nice! See you in St Tropez for another ride....

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.