Thursday 11 March 2010

Romeo's Beemer - Bike No. 7 - update

Well we just pulled apart the marvellous 1982 BMW R80 and I am left with this very impressive chassis and engine - and a whole load of bits, which will end up on Ebay one day. The first decision I have made is to run this new bike with 23" Wheels front and back, with a 4.25" wide rear wheel and a 3.75" wide front wheel. I am going to get them CNC'd up by Taylor made wheels replicating the existing pattern from the BMW wheels, and keeping the large rear hub for the brake and shaft drive. Not sure about the forks yet - I have two sets sitting in my garage a 2" under set of springers and a a stock set from a new Harley. To keep the bike simple it will be a hardtail frame and I will be sketching away for a few weeks to get the lines how I want. Thats enough to be getting on with - except - I am running the working title of "Fortunes Fool"  - BMW Blue frame and white / grey paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.