Wednesday 3 March 2010

Ace Cafe Bike Show 2010 - Results & Thoughts


Well for my first competitive show it was an interesting experience, and there were certainly some good lessons to be learnt!  Like if you really want a prize enter the smaller competition like "Old Style". or "Metric" or "British", where there were only about 5 or 6 entrants in each so the odds of getting a good prize are very good.  Congratulations in particular to Huggy who won the old style competition on his old Harley he keeps in the street dosent clean and rode to the show! - I voted for him just because of that - he won a Zero Engineering Samurai Chopper kit - nice  (I wished I had entered Macbeth in that one).

In the Freestyle I came a creditable 8th, which considering my bikes are not show bikes, (limited chrome and shine) I was really pleased with; when you see the top 3 which have won all over Europe.  In particular I loved Special Parts Supply (Best in Show) from Holland and also KCosmo from Garage 65 in Italy - really fantastic bikes.

In the Modified Harley section I ended up 5th behind Shaws with a 1st, 2nd & 4th and Warrs who came 3rd, I was a bit disappointed with this, but it would appear that despite clearing it first with AMD that heavily modified frames (ie pretty much just the VIN) are eligible if they have a Harley Engine, that was not the view of many of the Judges who insist on stock frames only.  So I suppose 5th is OK!  Congratulations anyway to Shaws and Warrs, their bikes are super cool and I would happily ride one anywhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.