Friday 6 March 2009

Bespoke Parts


Once I have the brand, I will need to build a website to promote it.  The new bikes as well as my two existing customs will be the main platform - my couture so to speak.  I will also need to sell other stuff to support and build on the new brand - as well as obvious stuff like T Shirts, i want a range of bespoke parts, which can be used on other peoples customs as well as to bling up stock Harleys.

The first of these I am working on with a friend Ross McSherry a talented young designer  - and he is looking at designing an Air Cleaner Cover (fits on the side of the engine to direct clean air into the carb).

Again like the brand, we are looking at influences from the USA in the 30's and 40's when streamlined design was at its height.

Here are a couple of products which I think are great and could be used as styling
cues - the air compressor above designed in 1938 in Milwaukee (very appropriate as this is where Harleys come from), and the Polaroid desk lamp also from 1938 below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.