Maybe its a sacrilege - and I love my un-restored 1977 Harley Davidson XLCR, but every time I look at it, I think the rear wheel is not big enough and it needs to be set back more - so add some better brakes, suspension, mufflers, give the old Ironhead a tune, dress it in some new paint and away we go.....
Wednesday, 5 December 2012
Yes - its nearly Christmas and ROMEO80 will be ready in a very short time. I should at this point add some thanks to all those who helped with the project.
- Chris McNamara - it was his donor bike that was nicely restored, I bought on eBay
- Steve Taylor of Taylor Made Wheels for the amazing new 23" wheels, with the drive hub for the shaft drive.
- Dave Batchelar of P&D for all the sheet metal and frame.
- Keith Baker of Classic Cycle Works for the sublime paint job.
- Paul Leeson for the ROMEO80 logo
- Colour Coatings for Powder Coat.
- Andy from Hove for the metal polishing.
- ..and Richard Taylor for everything else!
In January on a nice day I will do a proper photo shoot - probably down at the coast in Hastings, real film with my Leica.